The 7th ESSA Summer School in Social Simulation will take place in Rome, Italy, on 26-30 September 2016, directly following the SSC2016 conference.
This summer school is addressed to PhD students who have an affinity with social simulations and Agent Based Modelling and want to elaborate on their knowledge and skills. The Summer School consists of a mix of lectures by renowned scientists and hands-on modelling. The focus is on how to arrive from knowledge of elementary social processes towards a testable ABM for a better understanding of social-physical systems. Specifically, this summer school will focus on:
- Methodological aspects of ABM and the modelling processes
- The challenge of modelling agent behavior and interaction
- From research goal to running model
- Developing models in NetLogo
- Elements of social processes
- Various methods of sensitivity analysis
- Documenting and sharing of models
The school chair is Mario Paolucci
The faculty includes (others announced soon):
HOW TO APPLY
Please send an email with the subject line “ESSA SummerSchool application” to email@example.com. by
May 29 Monday Jun, 13, 2016 latest. Please attach a brief resume, a summary of your current research and a description of why you are interested and what you want to learn in this course. Notification of acceptance/rejection will be send out by June 15, 2016. The selection will be made by the organiseres and some representative of ESSA. The maximum number of participants we can host is 25.
- For university and research institute students, including room (5 nights): 600€
- For university and research institute students, excluding accommodation: 400€
- For other (non-PhD researchers), including room(5 nights): 650€
- For other (non-PhD researchers), excluding room: 450€
All registration fees include lunch, coffee/tea during the day and a social dinner. The fee is based on a single room including bathroom.
The fees must be paid by July 15. You will be contacted by the organising staff with payment details.
The ESSA 2016 Summer school will take place at the ISTC CNR, Rome, in Via S. Martino della Battaglia 44, near the Termini station.
The European Social Simulation Association
If you have questions on the school, do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you need assistance on practical matters, please contact email@example.com.